Financing Renewable Energy Project Fundamentals
Wednesday, November 18, 2009
Informational forum: 3:00–5:30 p.m.
Networking reception: 5:30 - 7:00 p.m.
Nixon Peabody LLP
One Embarcadero Center, 18th Floor
San Francisco, CA 94111
Please join us for an informational forum followed by a networking reception.
This forum will feature panelists from Nixon Peabody LLP and Novogradac & Company LLP who will discuss the fundamentals of developing, financing and operating renewable energy projects such as wind and solar. Some of the specific topics we will address include:
- The general tax rules, common ownership structures and typical power-purchase agreement terms
- How to claim the energy credit in lieu of the production credits
- Procedures for applying for the cash grant in lieu of claiming tax credits
- The state and local incentives available for renewable energy projects
- How taxpayers can combine renewable energy tax credit or grant incentives with other tax credit programs such as the Low-Income Housing and New Markets tax credit programs
Click here to register.