Global Economic and Legal Forum: European Focus
Date: May 2, 2012
Time: 3:00–7:00 p.m.
Location: Nixon Peabody LLP, 1300 Clinton Square, 14th Floor, Rochester, New York
While the headlines describe troubled waters in Europe’s economy, there is also tremendous opportunity. David M. Rubenstein, co-founder of the Carlyle Group, commented last month that “Europe is one of the world’s greatest investment opportunities right now.” Upstate New York businesses continue to invest in Europe and have significant operations in the region. Additionally, many regional companies have European roots and investors from Europe continue to look at expanding and making acquisitions in our area.
Learn from experienced professionals, including a team of lawyers from Nixon Peabody’s Paris office, about the current European business environment and strategies to succeed in Europe. Plus, hear about the flow of capital from Europe to the U.S. and our region, from professionals who work in this field.
- Doing Business in France
- Upstate New York European Connections
- Acquisition Opportunities in Europe
- Hiring Employees in the EU
3:00–3:30 p.m. Registration
3:30–5:30 p.m. Program
5:30–7:00 p.m. Cocktails and Networking
- Pascal Guinot, Nixon Peabody, Paris
- William Kahn, Nixon Peabody, Paris/Washington
- Noro-Lanto Ravisy, Nixon Peabody, Paris
- Kevin Hill, EFP Rotenberg, Rochester
- Robert F. Cournoyer, CEO, Intrinsiq Materials, UK