Future-focused, business-grounded advice and thoughtful solutions to help you structure, negotiate and close complex real estate investment finance deals.
The commercial real estate market is enjoying resurgence in the U.S. Commercial mortgage-backed securities are predicted to reach up to $100 billion by 2020. Clearly the future is looking up.
As opportunities arise, you need a firm with collective knowledge and resources to help you anticipate and capture the market, prepare for and manage risks, forecast and overcome obstacles. Whatever kind of real estate finance you need, you need a partner who knows how to negotiate and structure any one of hundreds of complex real estate and financing deals.
We are industry leaders experienced in structuring and negotiating cutting-edge contracts. We do this for some of the world’s largest financial institutions, private equity funds and investors seeking to maximize and manage their investments in real estate.
From secured lending, to acquisitions and dispositions, our team handles billions of dollars in loan originations, restructurings and workouts, representing a broad scope of institutional investors in the U.S. and abroad.
Who we work with
- We represent participants in capital markets transactions nationwide and globally, from investment banks and insurance companies to pension, private equity and hedge funds.
- Chambers USA has ranked members of our team, with clients praising our “attention to detail, deep knowledge, responsiveness, and great value.”
- Represented the special servicer in the restructuring of a securitized loan in the original principal amount of $70 million. The loan is secured by the office building located at 1515 Market Street in Philadelphia. The loan was bifurcated into an A component and a B component, which B Component was subordinate to a preferred equity investment made by affiliates of Oaktree Capital Management, L.P., a global investment management corporation.
- Represented special servicer J.E. Robert Company, Inc. as lead counsel in workout negotiations involving a $195 million securitized senior loan that was secured by five furniture mart properties located in High Point, North Carolina.
- Representation also included the sale of the properties, modification of the senior loan and assumption of the loan.
- Represented New York Life Insurance Company and Teachers Insurance Annuity Association of America, as co-lenders, in the origination of a portion of a $590 million refinancing of the commercial condominium property located at 717 5th Avenue, New York City. New York Life and Teachers funded $300 million of such refinancing as a senior mortgage loan and an affiliate of Deutsche Bank funded the remaining $290 million as a mezzanine loan.