Webinar Recording: Steps Employers Need to Take Now to Implement Health Care Reform
The Supreme Court recently upheld the landmark health care reform legislation known as the Affordable Care Act (ACA). In light of this development, employers must accelerate their compliance efforts now.
On July 25, 2012, Nixon Peabody LLP’s Health and Welfare Benefits team presented a webinar in which they provided detailed strategies for employers to meet the ACA’s deadlines over the coming months with respect to the following concerns:
- Developing and distributing new health plan summaries of benefits and coverage
- Amending flexible spending account plan documents to limit annual contributions to $2,500
- Amending medical plans to comply with new preventive care guidelines for women
- Planning for payment of the new excise tax on employer group health plans
- Determining how to permissibly allocate rebates received from health insurance carriers whose medical loss ratios exceeded the ACA
- Reporting health benefits on their employees’ W-2 forms
Additionally, Health and Welfare Benefits team members discussed how employers need to begin developing strategies for the ACA’s 2014 benefit mandates, such as the employer “play or pay” mandate, auto-enrollment, and non-discrimination testing.
- Tonie Bitseff, Nixon Peabody LLP
- Steven Mindy, Nixon Peabody LLP
- Kate Saracene, Nixon Peabody LLP
The foregoing has been prepared for the general information of clients and friends of the firm. It is not meant to provide legal advice with respect to any specific matter and should not be acted upon without professional counsel. If you have any questions or require any further information regarding these or other related matters, please contact your regular Nixon Peabody LLP representative. This material may be considered advertising under certain rules of professional conduct.
Medical Plans,Health Insurance Carriers,ACA,Health Plans,Affordable Care Act,Kate Saracene,Steven Mindy,Non-discrimination Testing,Reform Legislation,Tonie Bitseff,Healthcare Reform,Flexible Spending Account,Preventive Care Guidelines,Benefit Mandates,Medical Loss Ratios,Self-funded Health Care,Employer Group Health,Health Care,Health Benefits,Health Insurance,Flexible Spending Account Plan