- Boston University School of Law, LL.M., 2000
- Boston University School of Law, J.D., 1999, Deans Scholar; Paul J. Liacos Scholar
- University of Pennsylvania, B.A., 1996, cum laude
- New York
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. District Court, District of Massachusetts
- U.S. Tax Court
Amiel was named a “Massachusetts Rising Star” in 2009, 2010 and 2011 by Law & Politics Media, Inc., which publishes its “Rising Stars” annually in the Massachusetts Super Lawyers Rising Stars Edition and in Boston Magazine.
AMIEL Z. WEINSTOCK
Amiel Weinstock is an attorney in Nixon Peabody LLP’s Private Clients practice group. He concentrates his practice on income, estate and gift taxation, and the navigation of complex tax issues as they arise in both personal and corporate situations, as well as estate planning and wealth succession, probate, and trust and estate administration. He assists clients on the accumulation, management, and distribution of personal wealth, and develops sophisticated estate plans for owners of closely held businesses.
Amiel also analyzes estate and gift tax issues and all aspects of trust and estate administration in will contests, trust reformations, disputes among beneficiaries, and prenuptial planning. He advises corporate fiduciaries regarding their ongoing obligations and responsibilities to trust beneficiaries, including the tax aspects of changing the situs of trusts from one jurisdiction to another.
Amiel has experience in the organization and formation of charitable organizations, private foundations, and various business entities, including C corporations, S corporations, partnerships, limited liability companies, and limited partnerships.
- “The Cost of Giving,” OT Magazine, Spring/Summer 2006
- “Drafting Considerations Under the Massachusetts Uniform Trust Code,” Boston Bar Association, September 2012.
- “Life Insurance Basics, from Planning to Purchase”, Boston Bar Association, June 2012.
- “Gifts to Grantor Retained Annuity Trusts and Sales to Defective Grantor Trusts,” Boston Bar Association, April, 2011. (Speaker)
- “Installment Sales to Defective Grantor Trusts,” Trusts and Estates Consortium, 2009. (Speaker)
- “Estate, Gift & GST Tax,” MCLE, 2009 and 2007. (Panelist)
- “Fundamental Principles of the Gift Tax,” Boston Bar Association, 2008. (Speaker)
- Estate Planning for the Incapacitated Client,” presented at Planning for the Dying Client, April, 2005. (Co-speaker with George L. Cushing)
- “Family Limited Partnerships,” Massachusetts Bar Association, 2005. (Speaker)