AWARDS & RANKINGS
- M&A Advisor “Restructuring Deal of the Year.” Recognized for our work on the acquisition of NP health care client St. Francis Hospital and Health Center’s assets by Westchester Medical Center. (2014)
- Eighth Annual M&A Advisor Turnaround Awards “Healthcare/Life Sciences Deal of the Year.” Nixon Peabody recognized for our role in the acquisition of the assets of the Westerly Hospital by LMW Healthcare, Inc. (2014)
- BTI Litigation Outlook 2015 Report. Nixon Peabody’s Products Liability practice named one of 11 standout product liability litigation firms nationwide.
- 2014 Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business. 61 Nixon Peabody attorneys recognized as leaders in their fields.
- U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers “Best Law Firms” rankings. Awarded top-tier honors in 80 national and metropolitan practices.
- 2013 Smith’s Research & Gradings “High Yield Deal of the Year” and Infrastructure Journal and Project Finance Magazine’s “North American Petrochemicals Deal of the Year.” For the Iowa Fertilizer project, a project financing for a $1.8 billion nitrogen-based fertilizer production plant. Nixon Peabody served as underwriter’s counsel to Citi.
- 2013 Bond Buyer “Far West Deal of the Year.” Nixon Peabody served as special counsel to the California Pollution Control Financing Authority for its Water Furnishing Revenue Bonds, Poseidon Resources Desalination Project, Series 2012.
- 2013 Special Recognition Award from Legalcommunity. Italy’s leading legal industry publication awarded “Special Recognition” for a successful patent litigation result in Texas on behalf of Società Cooperativa Bilanciai.
- 2013 Legal 500 U.S. 2013 Directory. Recommended in seven practice areas. 30 lawyers recommended in the Legal 500 United States 2013’s editorial.
- 2013 Dow Jones Private Equity Analyst. Ranked 4th nationally for the number of private equity and venture capital funds that had a final close in 2012 and 14th for the number of private equity and venture capital deals negotiated and closed that year.
- 2013 BTI Litigation Outlook “Most Feared Law Firms” for Litigation Honor Roll. Nixon Peabody is singled out for strength in IP Litigation, Complex Commercial Litigation, Routine Commercial Litigation, and Product Liability Litigation.
- 2013 Managing IP magazine national patent category leader for Bio Life Sciences. Top 15 U.S. law firm for securing “the highest-quality patents” for clients across all industries.
- 2012 Thomson Reuters. Public Finance practice ranked as the 8th most active bond counsel in the nation, and the 2nd most active underwriters’ counsel. Also ranked among the most active disclosure counsel.
- 2012 M&A Advisor and the Association for Corporate Growth New York “Middle-Market Deal of the Year” for transactions between $5 and $25 million. Divestiture by Eastman Kodak Company of its Eastman Gelatine subsidiary to Rousselot, a division of VION Food Group. The transaction was also awarded the as “Cross-Border Deal of the Year” for transactions between $5 and $50 million. Nixon Peabody served as legal counsel to Eastman Kodak in the matter.
- 2011 “Deal of the Year” Awards. Global M&A Network, The M&A Advisor and The Turnaround Management Association Chicago Chapter. Acted as lead bankruptcy counsel to Fairview Ministries, a continuing care retirement community.
- 2011 M&A Advisor and the Association for Corporate Growth New York “Middle Market Deal of the Year” in the $100M–$250M range. Majority recapitalization of North American Partners in Anesthesia (NAPA)’s affiliated practice management company, NAPA Management Services Corporation (NMSC). The transaction was also awarded the “Healthcare and Life Sciences Deal of the Year.” Nixon Peabody served as legal counsel to NAPA and NMSC in the matter.
- 2011 San Francisco Business Times “Deals of the Year.” Recognized for our role in two of Martin Building Co.’s projects. Nixon Peabody served as Martin Building’s legal counsel for both projects.
- 2011 American Lawyer “Dealmakers of the Year” Partners Lori Green and Bill Andrews recognized for their work on the CapX 2020 Utilities transactions.
- 2011 Bond Buyer “Northeast Regional Deal of the Year” and “Deal of the Year.” Commonwealth of Massachusetts billion-dollar accelerated bridge program.
- 2015 Human Rights Campaign’s (HRC) Corporate Equality Index. Highest rating (100%) on lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) equality in corporate America. Also named to the HRC’s 2015 “Best Places to Work For (LGBT) Equality” list.
- 2013 Chambers: Women in Law—Most Innovative Gender Initiative award. Nixon Peabody honored as a finalist.
- Women in Law Empowerment Forum (WILEF) Gold Standard Certification Award.
- A Better City (ABC). Recognized as a sustainability leader.
- Computerworld. Acknowledged as one of the top 12 green information technology organizations.
- Work Life Matters magazine. Named among the “Top Companies for LGBT Equality” by in recognition of the firm’s diversity programs and initiatives.
- 2012 Vault “Top 100 Firms for Diversity.”
- Boston Business Journal “2011 Leaders in Diversity Awards.” Recognized for our leadership in promoting inclusiveness and economic opportunity. Our Diversity Challenge was a winner in the “Workforce Diversity Initiative” category.
- The Rosoff Awards “Diversity Initiative: Internal.” Recognized for our firmwide “Diversity Challenge” program.
- 2011 MultiCultural Law magazine “Top 100 Law Firms for Diversity” and “Top 100 Law Firms for Women.”