Our strategic approach and deep passion for the business help us navigate our clients through the complex patchwork posed by climate change regulation and issues to reach their future goals.
Our lives and businesses are inextricably linked to climate.
Climate change affects real estate, water supplies, agriculture, infrastructure and transportation systems, the natural environment and our health and safety. Small changes in the average temperature of our oceans and atmosphere translate to large and potentially dangerous consequences for the future.
Climate change has become the most challenging environmental issue of our time.
With the complex regulatory patchwork created by regional, state and local regulation of greenhouse gases, we prepare and guide our clients strategically through these new obstacles and opportunities.
Our cross-disciplinary team of attorneys covers all aspects—from carbon trading to the ramifications of greenhouse gas regulation that extend far beyond the traditional realm of environmental corporate and business issues.
We take a holistic approach to helping our clients with energy project development and permitting, renewable energy development, carbon management strategies and corporate governance, disclosures required by securities regulation and voluntary programs, litigation, government relations, cleantech, intellectual property, tax issues and green building/sustainable development.
We have a deep passion for our clients’ business, thinking creatively, anticipating adaptation, resiliency, sea level rise and water management concerns.
We work with
- Energy companies, including renewables
- Financial institutions—lenders and investors
- Technology companies
- Insurance companies
- Hospitals and medical centers
- Lead counsel for client regarding response to Carbon Disclosure Project and other voluntary climate-related and sustainability questionnaires. Advise client regarding general sustainability protocols and principles to decrease greenhouse gas emissions and improve operations.
- Represented clients in connection with the purchase, sale, trade and barter of Renewable Energy Credits among the two main markets in the U.S., the compliance markets and the voluntary markets.