Nixon Peabody works with clients on matters and transactions throughout the European Union (EU). Companies operating in these jurisdictions face legal challenges that require specific knowledge of procedures, regulations, and customs. Nixon Peabody’s lawyers have many years of hands-on experience working with clients in EU countries. We provide domestic and overseas clients with highly-informed counsel on a wide range of cross-border transactions and trade matters.
Nixon Peabody’s network of lawyers, built over years of practice, allows us to provide our clients with seamless, effective, and cost-efficient service from local counsel in every EU country.
- Cross-border mergers and acquisitions
- Intellectual property protection (patents, trademarks, copyrights)
- International loan and syndicated loan agreements
- Immigration and global employment issues
- Negotiation and drafting of commercial agreements of all types
- World Bank development loan and sovereign debt issues
- Securities transactions in numerous global exchanges
- International project finance and structured finance arrangements
- International tax and tax planning
- Creation of foreign branches and subsidiaries
- International private equity transactions
- Export issues and U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) matters