Diversity enlivens our workplace. It jostles traditional thinking and brings rich experience to our clients and communities.
Our priority is to attract, retain and promote individuals of all genders. And our talent must reflect an array of racial, ethnic, social, economic, religious and personal backgrounds. Nixon Peabody is recognized as a diversity leader by important measures like the Corporate Equality Index. We are incredibly proud of our 100% rating and actively work to keep it.
While we are proud of our diversity record, we know our actions going forward are the more important story. Through continuous attention to recruitment, training, mentoring and policies we will achieve our goal of ever greater diversity in the future.
- 2015 Human Rights Campaign’s (HRC) Corporate Equality Index. Highest rating (100%) on lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) equality in corporate America. Also named to the HRC’s 2015 “Best Places to Work For (LGBT) Equality” list.
- Equality Illinois (EQIL). Specified as one of the top Illinois firms for LGBT diversity and inclusive. (2015)
- LGBT Advocacy Award from the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) of Southern California (2014)
- Chambers: Women in Law—Most Innovative Gender Initiative award has honored Nixon Peabody as a finalist for 2013.
- Women in Law Empowerment Forum (WILEF), an organization dedicated to advancing the interests of women at law firms, recognized Nixon Peabody with a Gold Standard Certification Award. Achieving this distinction means that a significant number of women have attained the highest leadership levels at Nixon Peabody. The firm is one of only 50 law firms to meet WILEF’s “Gold Standard” criteria.
- Work Life Matters magazine named Nixon Peabody among the “Top Companies for LGBT Equality” in recognition of the firm’s diversity programs and initiatives. Work Life Matters is a national publication that educates executives and advocates about the importance of work life services and resources throughout the nation’s workforce.
- Vault included Nixon Peabody in its 2012 rankings of the “Top 100 Firms for Diversity.” Nixon Peabody was ranked in three categories, earning #17 for overall diversity, #17 for diversity with respect to minorities and #13 for diversity with respect to LGBT. Vault’s 2012 rankings were based on the responses of 16,000 associates across the U.S. This is the second time Vault has recognized Nixon Peabody for outstanding diversity.
- The Rosoff Awards recognized Nixon Peabody in the “Diversity Initiative: Internal” category for its firmwide “Diversity Challenge” program that focuses on driving diverse recruiting and retention. The program challenges each attorney to devote 40 hours annually to a diversity initiative or activity.
- Shout-Out: Nixon Peabody Scores Win for Planet Fitness in Transgender Locker Room Suit
American Lawyer Litigation Daily | January 13, 2016
This feature story highlights the firm’s efforts securing a dismissal of transgender locker room policy lawsuit for client Planet Fitness. The Boston team of partner Art Pressman and associate Troy Lieberman are noted as counsel.
- Attorneys Thrive on Forward Thinking
Buffalo Business First | December 7, 2015
Buffalo office managing partner Martha Anderson and Diversity & Inclusion Specialist Rekha Chiruvolu are featured in this story on progressive law firms. Martha and Rekha discuss the firm’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- BigLaw Takes Top Spot for LGBT Equality Policies
Law360 | November 18, 2015
Managing Partner & CEO Andrew Glincher is quoted in this feature article on the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index. The coverage notes this is NP’s 10th consecutive year with a 100% ranking.