Diversity enlivens our workplace. It jostles traditional thinking and brings rich experiences to our clients and communities.
Our priority is to attract, retain and promote talented women and men with exceptional ability from a broad range of racial, ethnic, social, economic, religious and personal backgrounds. But diversity alone isn’t enough. We’re creating an open and inclusive environment where we all benefit from our mosaic of differences.
Nixon Peabody is recognized as a diversity leader by important measures like the Corporate Equality Index. We are incredibly proud of our 100% rating and actively work to keep it.
While we’re proud of our legacy, we know our actions going forward are the more important story. Through continuous attention to recruitment, training, mentoring and our business practices, we will achieve even greater diversity in the future.
Manager of Diversity and Inclusion
- 2017 Human Rights Campaign’s (HRC) Corporate Equality Index for the eleventh consecutive year. Highest rating (100%) on lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) equality in corporate America. Also named to the HRC’s 2017 “Best Places to Work For (LGBT) Equality” list.
- 2016 Equality Illinois (EQIL). Specified as one of the top Illinois firms for LGBT diversity and inclusive practices.
- LGBT Advocacy Award from the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) of Southern California (2014)
- Chambers: Women in Law—Most Innovative Gender Initiative award has honored Nixon Peabody as a finalist for 2013.
- Women in Law Empowerment Forum (WILEF), an organization dedicated to advancing the interests of women at law firms, recognized Nixon Peabody with a Gold Standard Certification Award. Achieving this distinction means that a significant number of women have attained the highest leadership levels at Nixon Peabody. The firm is one of only 50 law firms to meet WILEF’s “Gold Standard” criteria.
- Work Life Matters magazine named Nixon Peabody among the “Top Companies for LGBT Equality” in recognition of the firm’s diversity programs and initiatives. Work Life Matters is a national publication that educates executives and advocates about the importance of work life services and resources throughout the nation’s workforce.
- Vault included Nixon Peabody in its 2012 rankings of the “Top 100 Firms for Diversity.” Nixon Peabody was ranked in three categories, earning #17 for overall diversity, #17 for diversity with respect to minorities and #13 for diversity with respect to LGBT. Vault’s 2012 rankings were based on the responses of 16,000 associates across the U.S. This is the second time Vault has recognized Nixon Peabody for outstanding diversity.
- The Rosoff Awards recognized Nixon Peabody in the “Diversity Initiative: Internal” category for its firmwide “Diversity Challenge” program that focuses on driving diverse recruiting and retention. The program challenges each attorney to devote 40 hours annually to a diversity initiative or activity.