Gina McCreadie is a trial attorney whose practice focuses on trademark, trade dress, and copyright infringement, as well as false advertising, counterfeiting, and trade secret misappropriation. Gina also handles trademark, trade dress, and copyright enforcement matters, copyright prosecution, domain name disputes (including UDRP proceedings), and disputes involving social media. She regularly counsels clients on trademark and copyright issues, including selection and adoption of marks, registrability, and brand management.
Gina has handled cases involving a broad range of technologies and industries, including computer software, jewelry and handbags, print and online media, digital photography, and file-sharing. She has litigated cases in California, Delaware, Illinois, Massachusetts, New York, Texas, and Virginia, and regularly practices before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board and the World Intellectual Property Organization in connection with UDRP proceedings. She also has appellate experience before the Second, Fourth, and Federal circuits, and has represented clients in mediation and arbitration.
In 2012, Gina served as a Special Assistant District Attorney at the Middlesex District Attorney’s Office, where she was responsible for prosecuting more than 200 cases. She argued nearly two dozen motions, and tried ten cases (before a judge or jury) resulting in nine convictions. Gina also handled bail arguments and plea negotiations.
Gina has presented on various aspects of trademark law, and has written pieces regarding developments in trademark and copyright law.
- Obtained summary judgment of non-infringement in a copyright infringement matter for a major photography company in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York.
- Obtained a temporary restraining and seizure order in a counterfeiting case on behalf of a well-known automotive company in the U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts.
- Reached settlement of a patent infringement matter for a software company during trial in the U.S. District Court for the District of Delaware.
- Obtained a jury verdict in a contract dispute involving software for our client in Delaware state court.
- Reached settlement of a trade secret misappropriation matter during trial for a large electronic payment company in California state court.
- Obtained settlement of a patent malpractice case for an inventor in Massachusetts state court.
- Successfully opposed a preliminary injunction motion after an evidentiary hearing in software contract dispute in the U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts.
- Obtained judgment of non-infringement after a bench trial in a trademark infringement matter for a software company in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia.
- Obtained summary judgment in a trademark infringement matter for a small medical practice in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia, which decision was affirmed by the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit.
While at Boston University School of Law, Gina was a member of the National Moot Court team and the Public Interest Law Journal. Gina was also a law clerk and a litigation consultant for the Civil Division of the U.S. Attorney’s Office in Boston, Massachusetts.
Prior to law school, Gina was a paralegal in the Antitrust Division of the U.S. Department of Justice under the Outstanding Scholar Program, where she served as lead paralegal in a large complex antitrust matter against two well-known credit card companies.
Gina also served as an intern in the White House during the Clinton administration and for Senator Edward M. Kennedy.
Gina co-authored a chapter on U.S. trademark law in The International Comparative Legal Guide to: Trade Marks 2012; published by Global Legal Group Ltd, London.