We guide clients through the cultural and legal complexities in international disputes and advocate their interests in arbitrations and litigations.
You’re handling a cross border business deal that has gone bad and are now trying to manage a problem in a foreign land to protect your company’s interests. Cultural differences and legal obstacles abound and you need help. We’ve been there. We can help guide you and advocate for you in international tribunals.
We represent clients in international arbitration and litigation throughout the world—in the U.S., throughout Europe and from Africa to India, the Middle East and Asia to South America.
From disputes arising out of construction, infrastructure and energy projects, to telecommunications, distribution, intellectual property and other commercial ventures throughout the world, to international fraud cases spanning the globe, clients turn to us for sound advice and experienced counsel.
Who we work with
We represent clients involved in the global marketplace who require counsel on global dispute resolution.
- Representing the government of Turkey in a complex multimillion dollar investment dispute brought by Dutch investors under the ICSID Arbitration Rules concerning the alleged termination of a tender for a construction project
- Represented an EPC contractor in a London UNCITRAL arbitration related to disputes with the subcontractor, a joint venture involving Venezuelan and German companies, regarding delays and defective work in the construction of a steel fabrication plant in Porto Ordaz, Venezuela
- Represented an independent power producer in ICSID arbitration in London in a dispute with an African government
- Represented an optical fiber manufacturer in Stockholm Chamber of Commerce arbitration in connection with a dispute arising out of a distribution agreement in Brazil
- Represented the government of Turkey in ICC arbitration involving a dispute arising out of the operation of a coal-fired power plant in Kangal, Turkey
- Represented a software company in ICDR arbitration against the Polish National Telephone Company
- Represented a French investor in connection with a dispute arising out of the privatization of a Bulgarian oil refinery in ICSID arbitration. This was the first case tried under the Energy Charter Treaty
- Represented optical cable manufacturer in ICDR arbitration arising out of a breach of contract in South America
- Represented a South African Investment Bank in connection with a dispute arising out of the restructuring of a Mozambique hydro-electric project in ICC arbitration
- Represented a major equipment manufacturer and supplier in ICC arbitration in London arising from construction of an onshore gas project in Abu Dhabi
- Represented a New York/Indian Investment Bank against a power project developer in New Delhi UNCITRAL arbitration
- Represented a major international engineering and construction firm in connection with an oil refinery in Qatar in London ICC arbitration
- Represented a Malaysian company in a shareholders dispute in the London Court of International Arbitration
- Represented a Mexican cellular telephone network owner in ICDR arbitration with a turnkey network supplier
- Represented a major internet service provider in ICC arbitration in London arising out of an investment contract
- Representing the Republic of Hungary and four Hungarian cultural institutions in an international art dispute involving state, federal, and international law, including issues of first impression under Foreign Sovereign Immunities Act
- Representing the internationally renowned Thyssen-Bornemisza Collection Foundation of Madrid, Spain, in a case of first impression regarding jurisdiction over foreign sovereigns in U.S. court proceedings involving modern day art restitutions claims arising out of World War II
- Represented Vietnam Telecom International (VTI), a government-owned international telecommunications carrier in Vietnam, in a U.S. litigation stemming from a business dispute arising out of provision of telecom services
- Represented designer of Tehran International Airport in litigation in federal court in New York in connection with dispute regarding proceeds of funds received in connection with Algerian Accords funds
- Represented African government agency in federal court litigation arising out of South American development project
- Represented African bank in federal court litigation and trial in connection with dispute arising out of contract for purchase of fleet of helicopters
- Represented U.S. investment bank in litigation arising out of financing of Bolivian hydro-electric projects
- Represented German bank in New York litigation and trial arising out of financing of Mexican gas pipeline
- Represented Chinese textile company in copyright dispute in federal court in New York
- Represented U.S. publisher in licensing disputes in Israeli and New York federal court
- Represented Italian manufacturer in litigation arising out of breaches of distribution agreement in New York Court
- Represented U.S. investment bank in dispute with South African investment bank in New York court litigation
- Represented Cayman Islands hedge fund liquidator in connection with fraud case in U.S. federal court
- Representing European Central bank on pending U.S. litigation and foreign sovereign immunities issues
- Represented major international aircraft manufacturers in U.S. products liability cases as national litigation counsel
- Representing a world-renowned golf course in trademark and enforcement matters worldwide