Government Investigations & White Collar Defense
GOVERNMENT INVESTIGATIONS & WHITE COLLAR DEFENSE
We protect our clients’ reputations and safeguard the future of their businesses through effective compliance programs, efficient investigations and strategic representation in the courtroom.
Governmental regulations are increasingly enforced through criminal prosecution rather than mere civil fines.
Our team has extensive proficiency in counseling, investigating and litigating all forms of government inquiry. Our nationwide representation includes managing matters from the investigation and grand jury stages through trial and, if necessary, appeal and collateral proceedings.
We provide comprehensive services to individuals and organizations that receive civil investigative demands, subpoenas or any other requests for information from federal prosecutors, state prosecutors or investigative agencies.
Our services include:
- Conducting internal investigations and preparing investigative reports on behalf of corporate clients
- Establishing compliance programs
- Responding to informal requests for information, subpoenas and search warrants
- Formulating investigative and defense strategies
- Providing counsel to defendants in civil cases or targets, subjects or witnesses in criminal proceedings to defend their legal rights and interests
Who we work with
Individuals in a wide variety of industries, including, among others:
- Life sciences and heath care
- Financial services and securities
- National security and defense
- Higher education
- Public policy and government relations
- Life Sciences Cases to Watch in the 2nd Half of 2016
Law360 | July 13, 2016
Boston Government Investigations & White Collar Defense partner Brian French, a member of the Life Sciences team, is quoted in this story looking at important cases the industry is monitoring for the remainder of the calendar year. Brian is quoted discussing False Claims Act matters.
- Takeaways From High Court's Hobbs Act Extortion Ruling
Law360 | June 14, 2016
Boston government investigations and white collar defense partner Brian Kelly and Washington, DC, government investigations and white collar defense associate Emily Harlan contributed this article about the Supreme Court’s recent ruling that a public official can be convicted of conspiring to commit extortion even when co-conspirators willingly furnish the money and/or property.
- The Risk of Data Misuse by Health Care Co. Employees
Law360 | May 25, 2016
Government Investigations & White Collar Defense partner Tina Sciocchetti, health care partner Laurie Cohen and commercial litigation associate Michal Ovadia co-authored this column discussing the risks companies that collect or maintain sensitive personal information face when a rogue employee compromises data security.