Government Investigations & White Collar Defense
GOVERNMENT INVESTIGATIONS & WHITE COLLAR DEFENSE
We protect our clients’ reputations and safeguard the future of their businesses through effective compliance programs, efficient investigations and strategic representation in the courtroom.
Governmental regulations are increasingly enforced through criminal prosecution rather than mere civil fines.
Our team has extensive proficiency in counseling, investigating and litigating all forms of government inquiry. Our nationwide representation includes managing matters from the investigation and grand jury stages through trial and, if necessary, appeal and collateral proceedings.
We provide comprehensive services to individuals and organizations that receive civil investigative demands, subpoenas or any other requests for information from federal prosecutors, state prosecutors or investigative agencies.
Our services include:
- Conducting internal investigations and preparing investigative reports on behalf of corporate clients
- Establishing compliance programs
- Responding to informal requests for information, subpoenas and search warrants
- Formulating investigative and defense strategies
- Providing counsel to defendants in civil cases or targets, subjects or witnesses in criminal proceedings to defend their legal rights and interests
Who we work with
Individuals in a wide variety of industries, including, among others:
- Life sciences and heath care
- Financial services and securities
- National security and defense
- Higher education
- Public policy and government relations
- The Risk of Data Misuse by Health Care Co. Employees
Law360 | May 25, 2016
Government Investigations & White Collar Defense partner Tina Sciocchetti, health care partner Laurie Cohen and commercial litigation associate Michal Ovadia co-authored this column discussing the risks companies that collect or maintain sensitive personal information face when a rogue employee compromises data security.
- Investor filed only one state tax return in past 25 years
The Boston Globe | May 17, 2016
Government Investigations & White Collar Defense counsel Chuck Tamuleviz, a former federal prosecutor, is quoted in this article about a real estate investor, developer and contractor’s failure to file taxes.
- A price on their heads: U.S. DOJ targets execs
New Hampshire Business Review | May 13, 2016
Partner and Government Investigations & White Collar Defense practice group leader Dave Vicinanzo authored this column about the “Yates Memorandum” that revises the Department of Justice’s policy that targets individual employees and executives in investigations, prosecutions and resolutions of corporate wrongdoing.