Government Investigations & White Collar Defense
GOVERNMENT INVESTIGATIONS & WHITE COLLAR DEFENSE
We protect our clients’ reputations and safeguard the future of their businesses through effective compliance programs, efficient investigations and strategic representation in the courtroom.
Governmental regulations are increasingly enforced through criminal prosecution rather than mere civil fines.
Our team has extensive proficiency in counseling, investigating and litigating all forms of government inquiry. Our nationwide representation includes managing matters from the investigation and grand jury stages through trial and, if necessary, appeal and collateral proceedings.
We provide comprehensive services to individuals and organizations that receive civil investigative demands, subpoenas or any other requests for information from federal prosecutors, state prosecutors or investigative agencies.
Our services include:
- Conducting internal investigations and preparing investigative reports on behalf of corporate clients
- Establishing compliance programs
- Responding to informal requests for information, subpoenas and search warrants
- Formulating investigative and defense strategies
- Providing counsel to defendants in civil cases or targets, subjects or witnesses in criminal proceedings to defend their legal rights and interests
We work with
- Individuals in a wide variety of industries, including among others:
- Life sciences and heath care
- Financial services and securities
- National security and defense
- Higher education
- Public policy and government relations
- Personal Notes on Lawyers
New York Law Journal | February 18, 2014
This coverage highlights our New York State attorneys elected to the partnership: New York City Government Investigations & White Collar Defense partner Ashley Baynham, New York City Securities partner Dan McAvoy, New York City Commercial Litigation partner Abby Reardon and Rochester Labor & Employment partner Kate Saracene.
- Understanding the New Rule for Patient Access to Lab Results
Health Data Management | February 12, 2014
Partner and leader of the firm’s Privacy & Data Protection practice Linn Freedman and Providence Government Investigations & White Collar Defense associate Kathryn Sylvia discuss the new Health and Human Services rule, which allows patients and their personal representatives access to lab test reports and results from laboratories.
- Capitalizing on Compliance
Investigations Quarterly | February 6, 2014
Washington, DC, Government Investigations & White Collar Defense partner Grayson Yeargin co-authored this column discussing how private equity firms can prevent exposure and uncover value under government scrutiny.