Government Investigations & White Collar Defense
GOVERNMENT INVESTIGATIONS & WHITE COLLAR DEFENSE
We protect our clients’ reputations and safeguard the future of their businesses through effective compliance programs, efficient investigations and strategic representation in the courtroom.
Governmental regulations are increasingly enforced through criminal prosecution rather than mere civil fines.
Our team has extensive proficiency in counseling, investigating and litigating all forms of government inquiry. Our nationwide representation includes managing matters from the investigation and grand jury stages through trial and, if necessary, appeal and collateral proceedings.
We provide comprehensive services to individuals and organizations that receive civil investigative demands, subpoenas or any other requests for information from federal prosecutors, state prosecutors or investigative agencies.
Our services include:
- Conducting internal investigations and preparing investigative reports on behalf of corporate clients
- Establishing compliance programs
- Responding to informal requests for information, subpoenas and search warrants
- Formulating investigative and defense strategies
- Providing counsel to defendants in civil cases or targets, subjects or witnesses in criminal proceedings to defend their legal rights and interests
Who we work with
Individuals in a wide variety of industries, including, among others:
- Life sciences and heath care
- Financial services and securities
- National security and defense
- Higher education
- Public policy and government relations
- Focus Shifts Back to Tsarnaev Trial After Boston Marathon
WBZ-TV (CBS Boston) | April 20, 2015
Boston Government Investigations & White Collar Defense partner Brian Kelly discusses the next steps for the Boston Marathon bombing trial, which is set to resume following the city’s annual 26.2 mile run.
- 3rd-Party Onlookers May Trigger Breach of EU Privacy Laws
Law360 | April 15, 2015
Los Angeles Government Investigations & White Collar Defense partner Jason Gonzalez and Boston Government Investigations & White Collar Defense associate Eric Walz authored this article on claims against businesses handling personal data within the European Union based on an expanded interpretation of the Data Privacy Act.
- Problem Solving and Helping People – Public/Private Partnerships
Revere Journal | April 9, 2015
This op-ed discusses how public or private partnerships can impact the public for good—especially following natural disasters such as the tornado that hit Revere, MA, in 2014. Boston Government Investigations & White Collar Defense associate Eric Walz is highlighted in the piece as part of the Nixon Peabody pro bono Revere legal team.