Government Investigations & White Collar Defense
GOVERNMENT INVESTIGATIONS & WHITE COLLAR DEFENSE
We protect our clients’ reputations and safeguard the future of their businesses through effective compliance programs, efficient investigations and strategic representation in the courtroom.
Governmental regulations are increasingly enforced through criminal prosecution rather than mere civil fines.
Our team has extensive proficiency in counseling, investigating and litigating all forms of government inquiry. Our nationwide representation includes managing matters from the investigation and grand jury stages through trial and, if necessary, appeal and collateral proceedings.
We provide comprehensive services to individuals and organizations that receive civil investigative demands, subpoenas or any other requests for information from federal prosecutors, state prosecutors or investigative agencies.
Our services include:
- Conducting internal investigations and preparing investigative reports on behalf of corporate clients
- Establishing compliance programs
- Responding to informal requests for information, subpoenas and search warrants
- Formulating investigative and defense strategies
- Providing counsel to defendants in civil cases or targets, subjects or witnesses in criminal proceedings to defend their legal rights and interests
Who we work with
Individuals in a wide variety of industries, including, among others:
- Life sciences and heath care
- Financial services and securities
- National security and defense
- Higher education
- Public policy and government relations
- ‘Whitey' Bulger's Girlfriend to Face Grand Jury
The Boston Globe | September 29, 2014
Boston Government Investigations & White Collar Defense partner Brian Kelly is quoted in this article on federal authorities’ plans to call Bulger’s girlfriend before a grand jury in an effort to locate possible hidden assets.
- Is Anyone Really 'HIPAA Compliant' in Healthcare?
Forbes | September 29, 2014
Providence partner and leader of the firm’s Privacy & Data Protection team Linn Freedman provides commentary in this column on understanding and adhering to HIPAA across the entire digital health ecosystem.
- Iraqi PM's Subway Plot Claim
WFXT-TV | September 25, 2014
In this interview, Boston Government Investigations & White Collar Defense partner Gerry Leone discusses the Iraqi’s Prime Minister’s claim about an ISIS terrorist plot against subway systems in the U.S. and Paris.