Government Investigations & White Collar Defense
GOVERNMENT INVESTIGATIONS & WHITE COLLAR DEFENSE
We protect our clients’ reputations and safeguard the future of their businesses through effective compliance programs, efficient investigations and strategic representation in the courtroom.
Governmental regulations are increasingly enforced through criminal prosecution rather than mere civil fines.
Our team has extensive proficiency in counseling, investigating and litigating all forms of government inquiry. Our nationwide representation includes managing matters from the investigation and grand jury stages through trial and, if necessary, appeal and collateral proceedings.
We provide comprehensive services to individuals and organizations that receive civil investigative demands, subpoenas or any other requests for information from federal prosecutors, state prosecutors or investigative agencies.
Our services include:
- Conducting internal investigations and preparing investigative reports on behalf of corporate clients
- Establishing compliance programs
- Responding to informal requests for information, subpoenas and search warrants
- Formulating investigative and defense strategies
- Providing counsel to defendants in civil cases or targets, subjects or witnesses in criminal proceedings to defend their legal rights and interests
Who we work with
Individuals in a wide variety of industries, including, among others:
- Life sciences and heath care
- Financial services and securities
- National security and defense
- Higher education
- Public policy and government relations
- Bulger Decision to Not Testify Hampers His Retrial Effort
Boston Herald | July 27, 2015
Boston Government Investigations & White Collar Defense partner Brian Kelly is quoted in this article on the decreased chance of a new trial for Whitey Bulger following his decision not to take the witness stand.
- Middlesex DA wants Tsarnaev back for 2d trial
Boston Globe | July 15, 2015
Boston Government Investigations & White Collar Defense partner Brian Kelly discusses potential challenges the Middlesex District Attorney may face in bringing the convicted Boston Marathon bomber back to Massachusetts to face state charges for the murder of an MIT police officer.
- Another Tsarnaev Trial?
WGBH News | July 15, 2015
In this broadcast interview, Boston Government Investigations & White Collar Defense partner Brian Kelly is a featured panelist discussing potential challenges to the Middlesex District Attorney’s efforts to bring the convicted Boston Marathon bomber back to Massachusetts to face state charges for the murder of an MIT police officer.