Government Investigations & White Collar Defense
GOVERNMENT INVESTIGATIONS & WHITE COLLAR DEFENSE
We protect our clients’ reputations and safeguard the future of their businesses through effective compliance programs, efficient investigations and strategic representation in the courtroom.
Governmental regulations are increasingly enforced through criminal prosecution rather than mere civil fines.
Our team has extensive proficiency in counseling, investigating and litigating all forms of government inquiry. Our nationwide representation includes managing matters from the investigation and grand jury stages through trial and, if necessary, appeal and collateral proceedings.
We provide comprehensive services to individuals and organizations that receive civil investigative demands, subpoenas or any other requests for information from federal prosecutors, state prosecutors or investigative agencies.
Our services include:
- Conducting internal investigations and preparing investigative reports on behalf of corporate clients
- Establishing compliance programs
- Responding to informal requests for information, subpoenas and search warrants
- Formulating investigative and defense strategies
- Providing counsel to defendants in civil cases or targets, subjects or witnesses in criminal proceedings to defend their legal rights and interests
Who we work with
Individuals in a wide variety of industries, including, among others:
- Life sciences and heath care
- Financial services and securities
- National security and defense
- Higher education
- Public policy and government relations
- Trends and Compliance in Foreign Corrupt Practices Act
Rochester Business Journal | March 20, 2015
Rochester M&A and Corporate Transactions partner Jeff LaBarge, Rochester Commercial Litigation counsel Kevin Saunders, Providence Government Investigations & White Collar Defense counsel Charles Tamuleviz, and Boston Government Investigations & White Collar Defense associate Emily Sy co-authored this article on trends and compliance in FCPA in light of the DOJ’s increased enforcement efforts.
- Boston Marathon Bombing Trial
WBZ-TV (CBS Boston) | March 18, 2015
Boston Government Investigations & White Collar Defense partner Gerry Leone discusses the testimony of a friend of accused Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev and additional evidence presented at trial.
- Prosecutors Often Balk at Capital Cases
Boston Globe | March 15, 2015
Boston Government Investigations & White Collar Defense partners Brian Kelly and Gerry Leone are quoted in this article on how the nature of death penalty cases impacts whether some federal prosecutors are willing to try these cases.