Government Investigations & White Collar Defense
GOVERNMENT INVESTIGATIONS & WHITE COLLAR DEFENSE
We protect our clients’ reputations and safeguard the future of their businesses through effective compliance programs, efficient investigations and strategic representation in the courtroom.
Governmental regulations are increasingly enforced through criminal prosecution in addition to civil fines.
Our team has extensive proficiency in counseling, investigating, defending and litigating all forms of government inquiry. Our nationwide representation includes managing matters from the investigation and grand jury stages through trial and, if necessary, appeal and collateral proceedings.
We provide comprehensive services to individuals and organizations that receive civil investigative demands, subpoenas or any other requests for information from federal prosecutors, state prosecutors or investigative agencies.
Our services include:
- Conducting internal investigations and preparing investigative reports on behalf of corporate clients
- Establishing compliance programs
- Responding to informal requests for information, subpoenas and search warrants
- Formulating investigative and defense strategies
- Providing counsel to defendants in civil cases or targets, subjects or witnesses in criminal proceedings to defend their legal rights and interests
Who we work with
Individuals in a wide variety of industries, including, among others:
- Life sciences and heath care
- Financial services and securities
- National security and defense
- Higher education
- Public policy and government relations
- Energy infrastructure
- Mass. justices reverse bank's win against insurance fund
Law360 | November 3, 2016
Boston Commercial Litigation partners Greg Deschenes and Kurt Mullen, and Boston Government Investigations & White Collar Defense associate Charles Dell'Anno are mentioned as counsel successfully representing The Massachusetts Insurers Insolvency Fund in this article about yesterday’s Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court decision regarding whether the fund can recover workers’ compensation claims.
- More calls for a probe of Thornton law firm's political donations
The Boston Globe | November 2, 2016
Boston Government Investigations & White Collar Defense partner Brian Kelly is quoted in the following articles regarding his representation of a Massachusetts law firm and its contributions to political candidates.
- Spotlight: Law firm ‘bonuses' tied to political donations
Boston Globe | October 29, 2016
Boston Government Investigations & White Collar Defense partner Brian Kelly is included in this article about a high-profile client matter involving a Massachusetts law firm and its political contributions.