Government Investigations & White Collar Defense
GOVERNMENT INVESTIGATIONS & WHITE COLLAR DEFENSE
We protect our clients’ reputations and safeguard the future of their businesses through effective compliance programs, efficient investigations and strategic representation in the courtroom.
Governmental regulations are increasingly enforced through criminal prosecution rather than mere civil fines.
Our team has extensive proficiency in counseling, investigating and litigating all forms of government inquiry. Our nationwide representation includes managing matters from the investigation and grand jury stages through trial and, if necessary, appeal and collateral proceedings.
We provide comprehensive services to individuals and organizations that receive civil investigative demands, subpoenas or any other requests for information from federal prosecutors, state prosecutors or investigative agencies.
Our services include:
- Conducting internal investigations and preparing investigative reports on behalf of corporate clients
- Establishing compliance programs
- Responding to informal requests for information, subpoenas and search warrants
- Formulating investigative and defense strategies
- Providing counsel to defendants in civil cases or targets, subjects or witnesses in criminal proceedings to defend their legal rights and interests
Who we work with
Individuals in a wide variety of industries, including, among others:
- Life sciences and heath care
- Financial services and securities
- National security and defense
- Higher education
- Public policy and government relations
- To Win NH GOP Primary, First You Win Over Activists
Boston Globe | February 20, 2015
Manchester partners Dave Vicinanzo and Gordon MacDonald are included in this article featuring the top 100 political activists in New Hampshire.
- The Charges Against Dzhokhar Tsarnaev Explained in Plain English
Boston Globe | February 12, 2015
Boston Government Investigations & White Collar Defense partner Gerry Leone is quoted in this article discussing the multiple charges against accused Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev.
- Leone: Moving Boston Marathon Bombing Trial Still A ‘Longshot'
WBZ-TV (CBS Boston) | February 12, 2015
Boston Government Investigations & White Collar Defense partner Gerry Leone discusses a federal appeals court decision to hear arguments about whether to relocate the trial of Dzhokhar Tsarnaev out of Boston.