Government Investigations & White Collar Defense
GOVERNMENT INVESTIGATIONS & WHITE COLLAR DEFENSE
We protect our clients’ reputations and safeguard the future of their businesses through effective compliance programs, efficient investigations and strategic representation in the courtroom.
Governmental regulations are increasingly enforced through criminal prosecution rather than mere civil fines.
Our team has extensive proficiency in counseling, investigating and litigating all forms of government inquiry. Our nationwide representation includes managing matters from the investigation and grand jury stages through trial and, if necessary, appeal and collateral proceedings.
We provide comprehensive services to individuals and organizations that receive civil investigative demands, subpoenas or any other requests for information from federal prosecutors, state prosecutors or investigative agencies.
Our services include:
- Conducting internal investigations and preparing investigative reports on behalf of corporate clients
- Establishing compliance programs
- Responding to informal requests for information, subpoenas and search warrants
- Formulating investigative and defense strategies
- Providing counsel to defendants in civil cases or targets, subjects or witnesses in criminal proceedings to defend their legal rights and interests
We work with
- Individuals in a wide variety of industries, including among others:
- Life sciences and heath care
- Financial services and securities
- National security and defense
- Higher education
- Public policy and government relations
- Court Weighs Procedural Safeguards for Audio Playbacks to Jury
American Bar Association Litigation News | April 4, 2014
Washington, DC, Government Investigations & White Collar Defense partner Grayson Yeargin discusses the impact of a court decision regarding replayed audio recordings.
- Any Calls, Texts, or Photos May Be Used Against You
Boston Bar Journal | April 1, 2014
Boston Government Investigations & White Collar Defense partner Gerry Leone, Providence Government Investigations & White Collar Defense partner and Privacy & Data Protection team leader Linn Freedman and Providence Government Investigations & White Collar Defense associate Kathryn Sylvia co-authored this column discussing warrantless cell phone searches and personal privacy issues.
- Questions—and answers—on ‘U.S. v. Tsarnaev'
Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly | March 24, 2014
Industry sources including Boston Government Investigations & White Collar Defense partner Gerry Leone discuss the case against Boston Marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev.