As health care access, delivery and reimbursement experience massive transformation, our business-focused health lawyers partner with clients to secure a competitive advantage and clear the path to future success.
The health care industry is in a state of constant reinvention and transformation.
These changes, spurred in part by health reform, create an extremely complex landscape that presents as many opportunities as it does challenges.
Our cross-disciplinary team tracks the trends that impact delivery, cost, access and quality of health care. We use our working industry knowledge and insight to help clients manage and implement the changes to their businesses that help them thrive in this rapidly evolving industry.
We bring our firmwide collective knowledge to create success with clients who are shaping the future of health care.
As an unrivaled leader in an industry facing unparalleled challenges, we specialize in health care delivery, corporate organization, government programs, emerging payment programs, managed care models and a vast array of other cutting edge issues.
We work with
- Hospitals and health systems
- Academic medical centers and community hospitals
- Physician/hospital organizations and independent physician groups
- Accountable care organizations
- Federally Qualified Health Centers
- Clinics and freestanding ambulatory surgery facilities
- Long-term care and home health agencies
- Nursing homes and assisted-living facilities
- Private Equity Firms
- Biotech, medical device and pharmaceutical companies
- Psychiatric facilities
- Rehabilitation facilities
- DME suppliers
Rankings & Honors
- Ranked in New York and Massachusetts for Healthcare in Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business
- Ranked nationally in Legal 500 USA Industry focus: Healthcare
- Ranked nationally in U.S. News/Best Lawyers “Best Law Firms” in Health Care Law and received metropolitan rankings in Health Care Law in Albany, Boston, New York City and Rhode Island
- Ranked nationally by Modern Healthcare—Largest Healthcare Law Firm
- Best Lawyers in America in the field of Health Care law
- Super Lawyers in the area of Health Care law
- Health Services Council OKs Transfer of R.I. Home Care Provider to CVS Health Corp.
Providence Journal | October 28, 2014
Providence Health Care partner Steve Zubiago is quoted in this article on the Health Services Council's approval of the sale of infusion drug company Coram LLC, a unit of NP client Apria Healthcare, to CVS Health.
- ACO Rules Allow For-Profit Medicine?
Crain's New York Business | October 22, 2014
Partner and Health Care Practice Group leader Michele Masucci and Albany Health Care partner Laurie Cohen are quoted throughout this article discussing the possible impact of New York’s new ACO regulations on the state’s prohibition against the corporate practice of medicine.
- NYS Revises Certificate-of-Need Rules
Crain's New York Business | October 21, 2014
Albany Health Care partner Laurie Cohen is quoted in this column discussing the New York State ACO regulations.