As health care access, delivery and reimbursement experience massive transformation, our business-focused health lawyers partner with clients to secure a competitive advantage and clear the path to future success.
The health care industry is in a state of constant reinvention and transformation.
These changes, spurred in part by health reform, create an extremely complex landscape that presents as many opportunities as it does challenges.
Our cross-disciplinary team tracks the trends that impact delivery, cost, access and quality of health care. We use our working industry knowledge and insight to help clients manage and implement the changes to their businesses that help them thrive in this rapidly evolving industry.
We bring our firmwide collective knowledge to create success with clients who are shaping the future of health care.
As an unrivaled leader in an industry facing unparalleled challenges, we specialize in health care delivery, corporate organization, government programs, emerging payment programs, managed care models and a vast array of other cutting edge issues.
We work with
- Hospitals and health systems
- Academic medical centers and community hospitals
- Physician/hospital organizations and independent physician groups
- Accountable care organizations
- Federally Qualified Health Centers
- Clinics and freestanding ambulatory surgery facilities
- Long-term care and home health agencies
- Nursing homes and assisted-living facilities
- Private Equity Firms
- Biotech, medical device and pharmaceutical companies
- Psychiatric facilities
- Rehabilitation facilities
- DME suppliers
Rankings & Honors
- Ranked in New York and Massachusetts for Healthcare in Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business
- Ranked nationally in Legal 500 USA Industry focus: Healthcare
- Ranked nationally in U.S. News/Best Lawyers “Best Law Firms” in Health Care Law and received metropolitan rankings in Health Care Law in Albany, Boston, New York City and Rhode Island
- Ranked nationally by Modern Healthcare—Largest Healthcare Law Firm
- Best Lawyers in America in the field of Health Care law
- Super Lawyers in the area of Health Care law
- ACA, Health Insurance Exchanges and the Future of COBRA
Law360 | June 18, 2014
Rochester Labor & Employment attorneys Jo Ann Butler, Brian Kopp and Kate Saracene authored this column discussing two recent government announcements that aid employers’ ability to steer COBRA-eligible individuals, discuss the future role of COBRA and explore proactive ways that employers might encourage COBRA-eligible individuals to elect marketplace coverage.
- St. Peter's Health Partners and Ellis Medicine pursuing health care partnership
Albany Business Review | June 13, 2014
This article highlights the partnership between Albany-based St. Peter's Health Partners and Schenectady-based Ellis Medicine. A Nixon Peabody Albany Health Care team advised Ellis.
- NY Surprise Medical Bill Hits Out-Of-Network Providers
Law360 | June 12, 2014
Long Island Health Care associate Rebecca Simone authored this column discussing New York’s new “Emergency Medical Services and Surprise Bills” legislation.