Nixon Peabody shares its experiences and best practices, actively participates in organizations with a sustainability mission, and partners with clients and others on joint sustainability initiatives.
Time after time we have been called the “go-to firm” for domain knowledge in this space. Recognizing our leadership in the renewable energy, green building, cleantech, and other sustainability-aligned sectors, Nixon Peabody attorneys are frequently sought out for national and global writing and speaking engagements and service on boards and committees with a sustainability mission.
Leading by example
We are leaders among our peers, and other law firms frequently look to us for guidance as they develop and implement their own sustainability initiatives. We also share our experience and best practices relating to the internal responsibility aspects of our Legally Green® initiative. For example:
- Our Chief Sustainability Officer was appointed to the Steering Committee for the State Bar Task Force on Sustainable Practice in California (2007); she was also appointed to the Boston Bar Association Sustainability Task Force (2011)
- Our attorneys are frequently asked to speak about sustainability best practices at legal forums (e.g., Association of Corporate Counsel, Association of Legal Administrators, and Legal Marketing Association) and business forums (e.g., Executive Council, National Institute for a Sustainable Economy, Commercial Real Estate Women, the Institute for Professional and Executive Development, Inc.)
- We’ve been recognized for our leadership in a wide variety of industry publications, such as CBRE’s recent report: “Law Firm’s Build a Case for Green: Recent Trends in Law Firm Sustainability Practices.”
- We’re frequently cited for our leadership in sustainability in media outlets such as FORTUNE, the Wall Street Journal, the ABA Journal, the National Law Journal, the Boston Globe, and Legal Times.
- We’ve been highlighted by thought leaders in webcasts (CEO of Verdantix in “The Business Case for Sustainability”) and interviewed on podcasts (Legal Talk Network)