- University of California, Hastings College of the Law, J.D., cum laude
- University of California, Irvine, M.B.A.
- University of California, Davis, B.A.
Mavis Yee is a partner in the firm’s Global Business & Transactions Group based in our Silicon Valley office. Mavis has extensive experience representing emerging growth companies in all stages of their life cycle, including incorporations, venture capital financings, mergers and acquisitions, private equity, and public company transactions. She also represents venture capital firms in their equity and debt investments. Her clients include private and public companies in a wide array of high growth industries, including mobile health technology, social gaming and media, internet, cloud computing, software, semiconductors, telecommunications, and life sciences.
Before commencing her legal career, she served as a special investigator for the auditor general of the California State Legislature.
Publications and presentations
- “Introduction to Federal Regulation of Mobile Health Technology,” Personalized Medicine World Conference, January 29, 2013, Santa Clara, CA (presenter)
- “Show Me The Money: The JOBS Act and Crowdfunding,” Nixon Peabody’s 8thAnnual MCLE Seminar for Corporate Counsel and Other Legal Executives, January 15, 2013, San Francisco, CA (presenter)
- “Setting Up a Business in the United States,” AIGO Alliance, January 11, 2013, San Francisco, CA (presenter)
- “The JOBS Act and Crowdfunding,” January 8, 2013, San Francisco, CA (co-presenter with Scott Livingston, Livingston Securities LLC)
- “Introduction to United States Corporate, Employment and Intellectual Property Law, April 24, 2013, Palo Alto, CA (presenter)
- “Crafting a Due Diligence Ready Legal Framework,” Kickstart Your Startup, SVForum, March 22, 2012, Palo Alto, CA (presenter)
- “The Shaping of Global E-Commerce 2012,” January 25, 2012, Santa Clara, CA (presenter)
- “The Power of Social 2.0: Social Enterprise, Social Media, Social Gaming: What’s the Next Opportunity?” 2011 SCEA Annual Conference, October 23, 2011, Santa Clara, CA (presenter)
- “Successful Startup Stories,” Silicon Valley Connect 2011, September 29, 2011, Mountain View, CA (presenter)
- “Clean Lighting Solutions: Lighting of the Future,” SV Forum, July 19, 2011, San Francisco, CA (moderator)
- Medical App Makers Await Regulator Checkups
The Recorder | March 15, 2013
Silicon Valley Global Business & Transactions partner Mavis Yee and Washington, DC, Health Services and Life Sciences partner Areta Kupchyk are featured throughout this article noting that the mobile medical app industry is awaiting formal regulatory guidelines from lawmakers.
- Lawmaker Backs Measure to Ease Restrictions on Finders
The Recorder | February 20, 2013
Global Business & Transactions partner Mavis Yee discusses possible legislation in California that would ease capital-raising restrictions for companies statewide.
- Attorney Discusses Concerns about FDA MMA Draft Guidance
FierceMobileHealthcare | February 4, 2013
Silicon Valley partner Mavis Yee discusses the U.S. Food and Drug Administration's expected final guidance for mobile medical application developers. Click here to read the article.