Information We Collect
When you use with our Site, we may collect and use personally identifiable information about you, as well as other information. “Personally identifiable information” includes your name, address, email address, and other similar information that can be used to identify you. More specifically, when you use our Site, we may collect the following information:
- Information that you provide directly to us by filling in forms on our Site, including your name, email address, street address, telephone number, or other information.
- Information provided to us when you communicate with us for any reason, including information you provide in emails you send us, or submissions you may make to our blog.
“Do Not Track” Requests
Our Site currently does not respond to “do not track” or similar signals.
Use of Your Information
We use the information we collect from you primarily to enable us to provide our alumni and other services to you in the best possible manner. In addition, your information may be used for the following purposes:
- To provide you, including via your email address, with information relating to our alumni events and other services;
- To include your information (with the exception of your home address), at your option, in our Alumni Directory, which can be viewed by other authorized users of our Site; and
- To administer our Site, including by monitoring and analyzing our Site traffic and usage patterns.
We use physical, electronic, and administrative procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect on our Site. These procedures include, but are not limited to, firewalls, encryption, intrusion detection, and Site monitoring. However, no data protection procedures are entirely infallible. As a result, while we strive to protect your information, we cannot guarantee that it will be 100% secure. Your transmission of your data to our Site thus is done entirely at your own risk.
Sharing Your Information
We may share your personal information as follows:
Generally: We may share your personal information with current Nixon Peabody employees. If you elect to be included in the Alumni Directory, then other authorized Site users will be able to see the information you have provided to be included in the alumni directory. We do not sell or rent personal information collected through our Site to anyone.
Responding to Your Requests: When you provide us with personal information in connection with your use of this Site, we may use your personal information to contact you, including via email, to thank you for providing your request, to conduct satisfaction surveys, or for other administrative purposes related to your request.
Other Circumstances: We may disclose your personal information to third parties if we are involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of any or all of our business and/or our assets to a third party, or if we have a good faith belief that disclosure is necessary to:
- comply with applicable laws, regulations, legal process (such as a subpoena), or enforceable government request;
- to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security, or technical issues; and
- protect against harm to the rights, property, or safety of our users, or the public as required or permitted by law.
Our Site is hosted and operated in the United States (“US”) and elsewhere in the world. By using the Site, you are consenting to the transfer of your personal information to the US. If you are accessing our Site from outside the US, please be advised that US law may not offer the same privacy protections are the law of your jurisdiction.
Review and Correction of Your Information
You may review and edit the information we have collected about you at any time by contacting us at the addresses below.
Users Only of Legal Age of Majority
Our Site is designed and intended for those who are at least 18 years old. By using our Site, you affirm that you are at least 18 years of age or older. We are not liable for any damages that may result from a user’s misrepresentation of age. No one under age 13 is authorized to submit any information, including personally identifying information, on our Site. Under no circumstances may anyone under age 13 use our Site. Parents or legal guardians of children under 13 cannot agree to these terms on their behalf.
Nixon Peabody LLP
c/o Philip Covitz
437 Madison Avenue
New York, NY 10022