Disputes are disruptive and costly. Many are often won or lost before they ever see the inside of a courthouse. While some firms possess litigators, few offer experienced and proven trial lawyers that keep clients trial-ready for any challenge. Nixon Peabody’s Trial team (NP Trial) has the diverse bench strength, comprehensive capabilities, and experience required to protect clients every step of the way, from early case assessment to verdict.
Starting on day one, our clients are paired with courtroom veterans from NP Trial who have a proven record of success trying cases to verdict in some of the most challenging venues. Our dedicated trial team provides early input on case strategy and contributes to the client’s case through all aspects of the life cycle until the matter is resolved. The unique approach of NP Trial not only keeps clients protected in and out of the courtroom, it offers the most efficient and effective means possible to reach a successful outcome—so they can get back to business.
The NP Trial team
Our NP Trial team includes some of the most respected and experienced trial lawyers in the profession who know what it takes to win at trial and arbitration. Collectively, this team has tried or arbitrated to a final decision hundreds of cases covering the full spectrum of commercial, civil, and criminal matters representing clients in one-off as well as aggregated cases involving thousands of plaintiffs. We approach each case holistically as if it might go to trial, giving clients the best strategy for winning on their terms, whether the case is ultimately resolved at trial or by settlement. By introducing seasoned trial lawyers early on in the engagement, our lawyers often uncover angles and strategic opportunities missed by those who lack similar trial experience.
The NP Trial team provides added value every step of the way—not just at trial.
- Early case assessment: anticipates trial effects and outcomes and offers protection against costly backtracking should the case ultimately go to trial
- Forum and venue analysis: results in recommendations on cost-effective alternative dispute resolutions including what course of action to take and where it should be held
- Checkpoint consultation: provides a system of checks and balances through periodic client discussions to support the best strategy for winning on the clients’ terms, whether the decision is to go to trial, mediate, or settle
- Trial to verdict: delivers swift, effective, and innovative high-quality representation throughout trial placing our clients in the best positions for successful outcomes
- Appeals: offers the ability and resources to challenge, modify, or affirm decisions
And, Nixon Peabody is one of the few firms with the experience and capability to serve as national trial counsel for clients who require a consistent approach to class action and aggregate litigation matters filed in multiple states.
Deep experience. Broad coverage.
The NP Trial team is drawn from all corners of Nixon Peabody’s international footprint. The team’s combined experience, including its proven trial track record of success, provides clients complete coverage across a broad spectrum of practices and has resulted in trial victories for our clients in the following areas:
Business and commercial matters
- Alternative investments
- Banking and financial services
- Beverage and alcohol
- Commercial espionage
- Health care
- International arbitration
- Privacy and data security
- Real estate and construction
- Tax credit and workout
Government investigations and white collar defense
- False Claims Act (FCA)
- Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA)
- Public corruption
- Bad faith
- Complex coverage
- Insurance insolvency
- Misrepresentation and concealment
- Regulatory proceedings
- Trade secrets
Labor and employment
- Employment discrimination
- Employment contract disputes
- Enforcement of noncompetition agreements
- State and federal wage/hour
- Traditional labor disputes
Products: class action, trade, and industry representation
- Aviation and automotive
- Pharmaceutical and medical device
- Toxic tort