We help New York clients clear their regulatory hurdles to advance their operations and gain timely approval of transactions and applications.
We understand all aspects of New York health care regulatory issues and know the best ways to address them.
Our team includes two former New York State Department of Health (DOH) attorneys—former General Counsel and House Counsel—providing legal advice on all other facets of New York health law.
We take a unique approach to developing plans that address all New York and federal regulations and required approvals. We are in constant communication with our colleagues at the DOH, and are able to discuss proposals before submitting applications to identify any issues and modifications required for formal regulatory approval.
We regularly represent clients before federal and other state agencies, including:
- Office of Inspector General (OIG)
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS)
- New York State Office of the Medicaid Inspector General (OMIG)
- New York State Education Department (NYSED)
- Offices of Mental Health, Persons with Developmental Disabilities and Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services
- Office of Professional Medical Conduct (OPMC)
- Office of Professional Discipline (OPD)
We represent numerous clients before accrediting agencies, including the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Health Care Organizations (JCAHO), the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) and its Residency Review Committees (RRCs) and various national and state societies and colleges.
We work with
- Hospitals and health systems
- Nursing facilities
- Assisted living providers
- Home health agencies
- Clinical laboratories