Successful development and financing of large-scale energy and infrastructure projects require careful coordination of resources, talent, and capital flows. Over the past decade, Nixon Peabody’s internationally recognized Project Finance team has closed transactions exceeding billions of dollars, in the U.S. and internationally. Clients value our ability to initiate projects, close transactions, and anticipate and avoid pitfalls during project development. Our experience includes the development and financing of:
- Merchant generating facilities
- Utility-owned generating facilities
- Publicly owned generating facilities
- Combined heat and power projects
- Pollution control facilities
- Solid waste/resource recovery facilities
- Renewable energy projects
We have also been involved in the development and financing of other large infrastructure projects, including:
- Sports and entertainment venues
- Military housing
- Water facilities
- Hotels and convention centers
- Paper and de-inked pulp mills
- Sports facilities and stadiums
- Transportation facilities
- Toll roads
Our lawyers have structured auctions of energy-generating facilities and helped clients acquire and dispose of energy and infrastructure assets, both in the U.S. and abroad.
We draw on Nixon Peabody’s diverse pool of talent and resources in environmental, real estate, investment, and tax law to craft broadly reasoned strategies. This interdisciplinary capability is often a powerful asset for clients attempting to master complex infrastructure problems in a demanding legal environment.
We represent project developers, electric and gas utilities, and other energy enterprises before federal and state regulatory bodies in all phases of the regulatory process.