Government Relations & Public Policy
GOVERNMENT RELATIONS & PUBLIC POLICY
We stay ahead of legislative and regulatory challenges, and turn them into opportunities, solving business problems with policy solutions and handling difficult issues that others can’t.
In the fast-moving legislative and regulatory arenas, clients need more than information; they need intelligence and strategic advice. Increasingly, businesses are asking how decisions on Capitol Hill will affect their livelihood:
- Are there important issues under discussion or examination?
- Will the underpinnings of our successful business be modified or undermined?
- Who are our likely champions and who are the detractors?
- Does legislative or regulatory action help or impede our business?
We have the technical and regulatory intelligence that comes from lifetimes spent in public service and the insight that comes from staffers in both houses of Congress and on both sides of the aisle.
The efforts of our policy professionals are enhanced by 600+ attorneys, advisors and policy analysts. A former U.S. Congressman joins former staffers and professionals who have served in key positions in a broad spectrum of federal and state-level agencies.
Who we work with
- The largest public and private Fortune 500 companies, teaming seamlessly with their in-house government relations staff and management teams.
- A variety of public sector clients—state agencies, municipalities and other governmental entities.
- Nonprofits such as health services companies, trade organizations and colleges and universities also rely on us.
- We are passionate about helping small business and entrepreneurs including startups, from concept to launch.
- Developers add affordable units, retail to supportive-housing projects to make them more desirable
Crain's New York Business | June 7, 2016
New York City affordable housing strategic policy advisor Deborah VanAmerongen is quoted in this article regarding recent zoning changes designed to make mixed-use developments more feasible in the state.
- 3 Political Fights That Threaten Key Tools for Property Deals
Law360 | April 27, 2015
New York City Affordable Housing strategic policy advisor Deborah VanAmerongen is quoted in this article discussing key political battles developers are closely watching.
- Upstate Poised for Revitalization if Leaders Act Boldly
The Daily Gazette | March 22, 2015
Washington, DC, Government Relations senior strategic policy advisor Tom
Reynolds, along with 46 other business and civic leaders, published this opinion
piece urging the New York State Legislature and the governor's commitment of
financial resources to Upstate NY to spur revitalization.