Steve Plevin is senior counsel in the San Francisco office and represents small- to medium-sized financial institutions as well as investment banks that focus on that market niche.
What do you focus on?
I focus on representing senior management and boards of directors of financial institutions in the areas of defense of regulatory enforcement proceedings, regulatory compliance, corporate governance, corporate finance and mergers and acquisitions.
What do you see on the horizon?
The constant expansion of financial institutions regulation over the past 30 years will continue and accelerate with the challenges to the industry and its professional advisors following a similar course.
- "A Community Bank CEO Looks at Effective Bank Board Committees," America's Community Bankers 2006 Seminar for Presidents, February 2006
- “Going Private: The Basics,” America’s Community Bankers 2005 National Compliance and Attorneys Conference, September 2005
- “Directors and Hot Regulatory Topics,” Western Independent Bankers Conference, July 2005
- “What’s New in Deal Design and Structuring,” Bank Director Magazine Acquire or Be Acquired Conference, 2005.
- “Understanding Current Legal and Regulatory Implications for Private Equity Fundraising,” Private Equity Analyst, 2004.