Please join us for an interactive panel with highly regarded speakers as we discuss opportunities and challenges in the music industry. Each of our speakers represents a different facet of the music business and will provide a unique perspective on the industry.
- Julian Petty is an entertainment attorney and partner at Nixon Peabody LLP. Some of his music clients are Earl Sweatshirt, Estelle, Vince Staples, Pell, Freddie Gibbs, A Tribe Called Quest, and the Estate of Notorious B.I.G.
- Ali Shaheed Muhammad is a founding member of A Tribe Called Quest and Lucy Pearl, an acclaimed producer, and host of NPR’s Microphone Check.
- Snow Tha Product is a rapper signed to Atlantic Records. She’s released over half a dozen mixtapes and has worked with such heavyweights as Tech N9ne, Three Six Mafia’s DJ Paul, Lupe Fiasco and Too Short.
- Steve Rifkind is a music entrepreneur, having been the founder and chairman of both Loud Records and SRC Records. He signed artists such as Wu-Tang Clan, Mobb Deep, Akon, David Banner, Melanie Fiona and Big Pun. Rifkind has also launched marketing campaigns for companies like T-Mobile, Adidas, SanDisk and Chief Executive Air, a charter jet company.
- James Fauntleroy is a Grammy Award–winning singer, songwriter and record producer. Throughout his career he has collaborated with artists such as Jay-Z, Beyoncé, Justin Timberlake, Drake, Kendrick Lamar, J. Cole, and Big Sean, among others.
- Adrian Scott is a radio industry veteran credited with re-establishing the legendary Los Angeles radio station 93.5 KDAY, for which he serves as Program Director. Scott also works with Live Nation as a talent booker/producer for many of its Southern California concerts, including How the West Was Won.
- Gerrick Kennedy is an award-winning journalist covering music for the Los Angeles Times.
Join the conversation: #npmusic, @NixonPeabodyLLP
7:30 p.m. Registration
8:00 p.m. Panel discussion
9:15 p.m. Networking