Jason Moore is a professional specialist in the Patents group. He leverages his extensive experience in industry and training as a chemist to assist clients in protecting their intellectual property.
What do you focus on?
Over my career, I have worked on analyzing and protecting intellectual property assets, including working closely with inventors and academic institutions as they transferred research projects to commercial applications. I have extensive experience in research and applications involving organic chemistry, organometallic chemistry, supramolecular chemistry, catalysts, monomers, polymers and composite materials.
I also conducted and managed research in a commercial laboratory. In addition, I am a co-inventor on several patents, so I understand the innovation process and can effectively work with inventors to help them protect their intellectual property.
What do you see on the horizon?
I believe that strong protection of intellectual property rights will continue to encourage investment in the development of new technologies.
- “Cucurbituril Disrupts Aggregate Formation Between Rhodamine B Dyes Covalently Attached to Glass Substrates.” Halterman, R. L.; Moore, J. L.; Yip, W. T. J. Fluoresc., 2011, 21, 1467–1478.
- “Inclusion Complexes of Cationic Xanthene Dyes in Cucurbituril.” Halterman, R. L.; Moore, J. L.; Yakshe, K. A.; Halterman, J. A. I.; Woodson, K. A. J. Incl. Phenom. Macrocycl. Chem. 2010, 66, 231–241.
- “Disrupting Aggregation of Tethered Rhodamine B Dyads Through Inclusion in Cucurbituril.” Halterman, R. L.; Moore, J. L.; Mannel, L. M. J. Org. Chem. 2008, 73, 3266–3269.
- “Cucurbituril Induces Superior Probe Performance for Single-Molecule Detection.” Martyn, T. A.; Moore, J. L.; Halterman, R. L.; Yip, W. T. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2007, 129, 10338–10339.
- “Conformational Interconversions in Catenanes Containing a Wide Rigid Spacer.” Halterman, R. L.; Pan, X.; Martyn, D. E.; Moore, J. L.; Long, A. T. J. Org. Chem. 2007, 72, 6454–6458.
- “Design and Synthesis of Molecules with Switchable Chirality via Formation and Cleavage of Metal-Ligand Coordination Bonds.” Soloshonok, V. A.; Ueki, H.; Moore, J. L.; Ellis, T. K. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2007, 129, 3512–3513.
- “Preparation and Characterization of Optically-Resonant Atomically Flat Nanosurface Substrates for High-Resolution Scanning Probe Microscopy of Single Molecules.” Dahayanaka, D. H.; Kelle, D. W.; Wasielewski, D. J.; Day, E. S.; White, D. R.; Mishima, T. D.; Waite, C. M.; Moore, J. L.; Halterman, R. L.; Bumm, L. A. Microscopy and Microanalysis, Volume 12, Supplement S02, Aug 2006, 510–511.
- “An Efficient and Operationally Convenient Synthesis of Tertiary Amines by Direct Alkylation of Secondary Amines with Alkyl Halides in the Presence of Huenig’s Base.” Moore, J. L.; Taylor, S. M.; Soloshonok, V. A. ARKIVOC 2005, 6, 287–292.