Nixon Peabody partner Rudy Salo is part of a panel speaking on "So, You Want to Issue Bonds? Key Considerations and Market Update," at the League of California Cities 2023 Municipal Finance Institute event.
Details from the website
The session will discuss key considerations for issuing debt (bonds, private placements, financing leases, and government loans - USDA, SRF, WIFIA, etc.) and how the current financial market environment is impacting your agency's ability to obtain financing. The session focuses on practical aspects of capital projects funding:
- How municipal financing process is organized
- What team members you need to have on board
- How to select appropriate financing tools in different market environments
- Why interest rate is not the only criteria you should consider
- How the yield curve can throw a curve ball into even the most well-planned strategy
- What on-going responsibilities you have once debt is issued
For more information or to register, visit the event website.