Boston, MA. Benchmark Litigation has recognized 15 Nixon Peabody attorneys as top litigators in the guide’s 2020 edition. The guide recognizes law firms and attorneys who display the ability to consistently handle high-stakes, complex cases across multiple jurisdictions and who are respected and recommended by their business and legal communities for high-quality trial work and litigation coverage.
At the firmwide level, Benchmark Litigation has “highly recommended” Nixon Peabody as a top law firm for general commercial litigation in Massachusetts and New Hampshire, and “recommended” the firm for labor and employment in Massachusetts and Rhode Island and general commercial litigation in Rhode Island.
Researchers at Benchmark Litigation conduct extensive interviews with attorneys and their clients to determine a list of leading litigators and firms, reviewing recent casework and soliciting feedback from peer attorneys. One client commented that “Nixon Peabody's counsel provided us thoughtful and professional representation we required [on] a very delicate and potentially troublesome issue. I am convinced that the positive outcome would not have been obtained without their representation.” Another client stated, “The lawyers in the firm with whom we were engaged were extensively prepared and very results-driven. The strength and breadth of their tactical and strategic legal skills are quite rare.” The resulting research includes a market analysis (by geographic area) as well as an individual attorney analysis.
The following Nixon Peabody attorneys have been recognized as 2020 Litigation Stars:
- Armando Batastini, General Commercial, Rhode Island
- Jeffrey Brenner, General Commercial, Rhode Island
- Kevin Fitzgerald, General Commercial, New Hampshire
- Jeffrey Gilbreth, Labor and Employment, Massachusetts
- Samuel Goldblatt, General Commercial, Securities, Massachusetts
- Brian Kelly, White Collar Crime, Massachusetts
- Neal McNamara, Labor and Employment, Rhode Island
- Fredric Nelson, General Commercial, California
- Scott O'Connell, General Commercial, Securities, Massachusetts and New Hampshire
- Andrew Prescott, Labor and Employment, Rhode Island
- Mark Seltzer, White Collar Crime, Massachusetts
- Deborah Thaxter, Securities, Top 10 Boutiques, Massachusetts
- David Vicinanzo, White Collar Crime, Massachusetts
- Henry Wheare, Intellectual Property, Hong Kong