Andrew Tripp is a partner in Nixon Peabody’s Real Estate & Community Development department and the Community Development Finance practice group. Andrew concentrates his practice in the areas of complex commercial real estate transactions, real estate finance and tax-oriented investments.
What do you focus on?
I work with various developers, investors, owners, lenders, borrowers, landlords and tenants in the acquisition, development, disposition, financing and leasing of industrial, multi-family, office, medical office, energy and retail properties. I also have significant experience advising financial institutions, developers and investors in a wide range of tax credit finance transactions and HUD/FHA financings and programs.
- Representing a hydroelectric plant owner/operator in the acquisition and re-financing of two hydroelectric power plants in Pennsylvania totaling $60,000,000 in value.
- Representing a private equity fund in the purchase of office buildings of up to $23,000,000 in value located in Florida and California.
- Representing a publicly held real estate investment trust in the $12,550,000 purchase of a single-tenant industrial property located in Elk Grove, Illinois.
- Lead real estate counsel to a national bank in the negotiation, documentation and closing of a $20,000,000 term and revolving credit facility to an assisted living facility in southern Ohio.
- Counsel to developer in a $21,000,000 joint venture formation and construction financing for a mixed-use project located in downtown Chicago, Illinois.
- Lead real estate counsel to a regional health-care provider in a mortgage transaction securing an existing $350,000,000 bond indenture.
- Real estate counsel to a national lender with the closing of a $107,000,000 construction loan facility to the developer of an assisted living complex in Evanston, Illinois.
- Representing a publicly held real estate investment trust in the leasing of a 150,000-square-foot single tenant industrial property located in Elk Grove, Illinois, to a local manufacturing company.
- Representing a proprietary school in its lease of a 25,000-square-foot lease of classroom and office space in downtown Chicago, Illinois.
- Representing a national retailer with respect to various leases at major regional shopping centers in Illinois, Maryland, New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, Utah, Arizona, California and Minnesota.
Tax Credit Finance
- Advising a national health insurance holding company on its $33,000,000 investment in a fund created to invest in multiple solar energy facilities in Texas that are expected to generate investment tax credits.
- Assisting a global financial institution on its formation of a proprietary historic tax credit fund with a national syndicator to invest in a range of historic rehabilitation projects.
- Advising an investor on its $22,000,000 lower tier investment in the acquisition/rehabilitation of a 492-unit apartment complex located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, which included a RAD recapitalization of the property and a new HUD-insured 221(d)(4) loan.