Some challenges facing DSOs are unique, while others are universal to all businesses in today’s marketplace. Our experienced, cross-disciplinary team can handle all the legal needs of a DSO, from industry-specific regulatory matters to corporate structuring advice to labor and employment matters. Our superior client service ensures you will always be fully informed of your options and ready to make the right decisions for your business.
We help DSOs untangle the confusing knot of federal and state regulations on health care and business. Our experience includes creating compliant organizational and management fee structures, assisting in geographic expansions, helping DSOs expand through organic growth and acquisitions and offering advice on managing legacy practices and growing headcounts.
Our experience working on behalf of DSOs also includes:
- Creation and expansion of DSOs
- Government investigations
- Health care regulatory compliance
- HIPAA compliance
- Intellectual property
- Labor and employment
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Permit, certification and licensure regulations
- Private equity transactions
- Real estate
- Tax and finance issues
Who we work with
- Private equity and other investors
- Mobile dental service providers
- Dental practice management companies
- Solo practitioners
- Dental practices
- Represented MidOcean Partners in its recapitalization of Western Mass Endo and affiliated practices. This recapitalization included the formation of Affinity Dental Management. Continue to represent Affinity Dental Management as general outside counsel, including add-on acquisitions, health care regulatory, labor and employment, corporate, tax and finance.
- Represented Sentinel Capital Partners in its recapitalization of North East Dental Management (NEDM). We also assisted Sentinel in its exit/merger of NEDM into Dental Care Alliance. Represented NEDM in its add on acquisitions during Sentinel’s ownership and continue to handle transactions in the northeast for Dental Care Alliance.
- Represented ReachOut Healthcare America, the nation’s leading coordinator of mobile dental services, with respect to health care regulatory matters.
- Represented BrookBeam Dental in the formation of a Hudson Valley, New York–based DSO and completed five acquisitions for BrookBeam since formation.
- Represented HENRY The Dentist in the formation of a DSO specializing in mobile dental practices; also completed two rounds of capital raises for Henry The Dentist.
- Represented Sentinel Capital Partners in its recapitalization of MB2 Dental Solutions. Continue to represent MB2 in connection with add-on transactions.