Environmental risks are present in nearly every business transaction, be it a corporate merger, an asset or stock acquisition, an investment, loan or a real estate deal.
Companies and other institutions with complex transactional issues rely on us as a valuable resource.
We help clients on all aspects of a business transaction—from environmental permitting for projects of nearly every size to due diligence for purchasers, sellers, lenders and bond issuers, to the negotiation of environmental indemnities in complex commercial contracts. We’ve seen it all and see the challenges and opportunities ahead.
We provide all the environmental legal and advisory services necessary to transform any kind of business transaction into a success story.
We work with
- Buyers and sellers
- Borrowers and lenders
- Technology companies
- Energy companies
- Financial institutions
- Hospitals and medical centers
- Served as land use, zoning and environmental counsel regarding the redevelopment of Phase Two of the Old Colony Housing Redevelopment in South Boston, Massachusetts.
- Mobilized an in-house technical and legal team to conduct pre-acquisition environmental management reviews and obtained legal opinions in six countries for a manufacturing company in the environmental due diligence phase of a fast-paced international divestiture.
- Served as co-underwriter’s counsel in a multimillion dollar bond deal, conducting environmental due diligence on one of the largest water and wastewater authorities in the world.
- Represented a leading manufacturer company as environmental due diligence counsel and the negotiation of a separate portfolio environmental liability transfer agreement.
- Represented the lender to cooperative housing financing on a very large HUD/FHA loan.
- Represent a client as environmental counsel for multi-family, HUD and senior housing projects across the United States.
- Represented an airline constructing a new terminal at JFK airport in connection with the environmental provisions of the lease between our client and the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey.